Where to go for Employment Information and Support

There are a number of UK wide organisations that provide information and advice on employment matters.

Where to Look for PA Jobs

Find out more here about where to look PA vacancies.

You Decide to Leave: Giving Notice

What you need to do if you are thinking of leaving your job and you need to give Notice to your employer.

Your Employer Proposes Changes to Your Contract of Employment

What your employer needs to consider if they are thinking of changing your contract of employment.

Your Rights and Expectations as a PA

What you can expect from your employer in terms of information, training and support and what your employer can expect from you in terms of your approach and way of supporting them.

Your Rights as an Unpaid Carer when Working

Knowing your rights as a carer when you are employed

Zero Hours Contracts

Zero-hours contracts can be a flexible option for both employers and workers. Find out what rights you have under a zero hours contract.


Please note that the information contained in this Handbook is provided for guidance purposes only. Every reasonable effort is made to make the information accurate and up to date, but no responsibility for its accuracy and correctness, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by Self Directed Support Scotland or any other contributing party.

The information does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal and professional advice from a lawyer about employment law matters, or an accountant/ tax specialist about taxation matters, and from HMRC and your insurers. You should not rely solely on the information in this Handbook. Support organisations listed in this Handbook can help you find appropriate sources of advice.