Employment Legal Advice

Where to find Legal Advice

ACAS gives free employment advice and is a great place to start when you’ve tried to resolve a major issue at work, or with the help of an Independent Support Organisation and it hasn’t worked. You can also search for Solicitors that specialise in employment legal advice on the Law Society of Scotland website, who may give you some initial guidance for free.

Next Steps

If you haven’t already, seek independent support or try the ACAS website below.

ACAS Helpline: 0300 123 1100

Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.

Finding a Solicitor

You can find a solicitor on the Law Society of Scotland website or contact them on:

Tel: (0131) 226 7411

Email: lawscot@lawscot.org.uk

Part of
Last Updated
13 July 2022
First Published
02 May 2022
Was this article helpful?



Please note that the information contained in this Handbook is provided for guidance purposes only. Every reasonable effort is made to make the information accurate and up to date, but no responsibility for its accuracy and correctness, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by Self Directed Support Scotland or any other contributing party.

The information does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal and professional advice from a lawyer about employment law matters, or an accountant/ tax specialist about taxation matters, and from HMRC and your insurers. You should not rely solely on the information in this Handbook. Support organisations listed in this Handbook can help you find appropriate sources of advice.